Thursday, November 8, 2007

totally gangsta


...so I now belong to a rap group.

Just joking! This is actually a photo edit that I did for fun last week. Marifu, who goes by the alias "2.fu" in this image, had her birthday last week. Marifu happens to typically wear some ubercool sunglasses, so we decided to take a photo with her all wearing our own glasses. Ma-chan, aka "spectrum", forgot to bring sunglasses, so a pair was drawn on his face... (not my idea!) It was washable, I think...

So, it was a pretty special party for her. I think she really felt loved by all of us, her friends. For the cake, I made a strawberry cheesecake, which was a huge success. I think it's pretty hard to impress Japanese with American style desserts, because they tend to be too sweet for their taste, but they loved it. But seriously, I probably spent over a half an hour crouched in front of the over with my dictionary trying to figure out what all the buttons did, before I was able to preheat the darn thing!!! None of my roommates were home, so it was quite the challenge. I don't take anything for granted anymore, even something as simple as intuitively knowing how to work an oven....

And Aileen is the one on the left of the photo. She's not actually posing. She is from California, so she just always naturally looks that cool! : )

No comments: