Monday, February 18, 2008

Goodbye Seniors!


Recently, we had the Senior farewell party. It was a time to honor and remember the time that they had in BEST club. Not all of them are in fact graduating, but they are all in the same class, which is what is important. The event was actually quite a tear-jerker. Not only have these people had a big influence on the underclassmen in BEST, but met all of them when I was a summer worker two years ago, so I know them quite well. Also, 4 of them studied at Penn State, which means that out of all the students in BEST, they are the closest to me.

I think this is the first step out of many changes that will be happening to BEST club. Not only is there a very influential class graduating, but the O'Donnells have arrived in Japan (more on that later) and later this year there will be quite a few international students returning to Japan from their studies abroad. I'll be keeping you updated on how things proceed, especially when the club recruiting process starts in April, which I am looking forward to.

So anyway, I haven't uploaded a movie in a while, so I thought I'd leave you with that. Here you have the senior farewell grand finale. We all sung a song by Kobukuro (コブクロ) earlier in the honoring (well, me, specifically), but this was the encore, goodbye presentation by the seniors. I hope you enjoy. The person in the middle is my roommate Daichan. The video speaks for itself in regard to him. ^_^ Karaoke anyone?


No comments: