Sunday, January 27, 2008

The M.A.D. Show


So, what is the M.A.D. Show? Don't quote me on it, but I think it stands for Music Acting and Dance. ...maybe that's totally wrong, but nevertheless it is a talent show of sorts. This annual event showcases the talent of BEST club students in whatever form they want to show. For example, I took part in a skit (that included a dance number), and there were comedy routines, dancing, piano, a magic performance, singing, and rap.

My groups skit was entitled "Modern Cinderella", and included elements of the Cinderella story but in a modern Japanese setting. I had the role of a fortune teller, who was to give advice to Cinderella. At the end, when Cinderella was reunited with the prince, who was just a cool guy, we all "celebrated their reunion" with the show stopping, final dance number from High school Musical! It was kinda bizarre and made sense all at the same time. And as it turned out, we all got first place!

Here is a picture of me and Sekki, who was the MC, and dressed up as Mickey as he can do a really good Mickey impression. Mind you, it's an impression of the Japanese voice of Mickey. And finally, I'd like the thank the internet for it's turban tying lessons.

No comments: