Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I have arrived!

So, after a massive delay on my flight to Japan, I have finally arrived in Japan. Right now, it seems like I am doing a lot, but it's probably because I am becoming adjusted to living in Japan again. Compared to my home in Pennsylvania, the time here is 13 hours ahead, which is a brutal adjustment for jet lag. So, because of that, things just feel like they take a lot longer, and are more taxing on my body than I would normally be used to. Something simple like going to the supermarket, is right now terribly taxing, but it will surely get better with time.

But on a more positive note, my reception, along with Mandy's, has been very positive and warm. It is the was the very beginning of the semester, when I arrived here on October 1st, so things are just getting started, and there are a lot of new students to meet. Because it has been two years since I have been here last, many of the students I knew from before have graduated, and the freshman and sophomores from my summer two years ago are now Juniors and Seniors, and are preparing to enter the working world. I am the first midterm missionary guy in Shizuoka to come in a long time, so I've heard that many of the guys are excited to have an American guy around that will stay for a long time.

I am excited to be living in the home dubbed as "Joyhouse". It is fairly large for a Japanese home, but I am living with 3 other Japanese guys. Sugi, Dai-chan, and Ryosuke are all people that I know from before, and both Sugi and Ryosuke have studied English at Penn State University for one year; the university that I graduated from. All of them speak English well, which is great for me until I start my Japanese lessons. I couldn't ask for better housemates.

No comments: